Feb 27, 2014

TBT - 80's Fantasy Movies

I am going to start doing a Throwback Thursday post. The topics will be random but should be fun. If you like these posts please let me know in the comments and I will keep doing them! =)

My all time favorite 80's fantasy flick is and always will be:

The Dark Crystal
The Podling dance is my favorite part of the movie. I have watched this flick so many times I can't even count. Like, falling asleep watching it every night kind of thing. I have several versions of it. VHS, DVD, Bluray, Collectors Editions. Huge fan of this movie. Huge fan. Jim Henson, God Bless that man and how he inspired me from very early on in my life.

Next up: 

Legend

Young (non crazy) Tom Cruise, unicorns, and an awesome love story. What's not to love, right? And the soundtrack is amazing!! Tangerine Dream, helllllooooo!!!

Last, but not least:

The Princess Bride
Not loving this movie is simply "inconceivable". Buttercup, Wesley, giants, sea monsters and even Fred Savage. (I had a massive Fred Savage crush in the 80's...thanks Wonder Years).

Obviously, I was a fantasy lover even in my early days. There are plenty of other 80's flicks that I love, but those will come in a different TBT 80's flick post. So tell me, what was your favorite 80's fantasy flick?

Happy TBT
Bonnie Rae



1 comment:

  1. The Last Unicorn, hands down. It didn't help that I owned the Kenny Loggins CD with the song on it, and it was the best thing ever. It doesn't even matter that it came out five years before I was born.

    ReplyDelete