Mar 10, 2014

Fear of Flying

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

NOT!

I am absolutely terrified of flying. Trust me, I know the statistics. I've been to therapy for it. I know it is by far the safest way to actually travel.

I don't care.

Getting me on a plane requires a dang miracle or a lot of drugs to keep me calm and knocked out. This is bad on so many levels and mainly because all my family live in different states. We have the baby now and everyone wants us to come visit. I hate saying no, but I do offer to split their plane tickets with them to come out to sunny California. They have obligations and reasons why they can't always come my way. I get it, I do. It makes me feel guilty and one day I need to just suck it up and deal.

And then things like this happen:


I just can't. Two  hundred and thirty nine people on board and nobody knows what happened to this plane. It is an eerie reminder of the Air France flight back in 2009. Obviously, something catastrophic took place and the hope of finding the plane or any survivors is bleak. Do you know what breaks my heart even more? There were two infants on board.

As I watch my little girl sleep I can't even begin to imagine the horror the families of these passengers and crew are going through. It brings tears to my eyes.

I hope all the souls of Flight 370 are at peace and may their families find some comfort in knowing that the world is grieving with you.

Bonnie Rae

6 comments:

  1. *hugs* Flying doesn't really bother me, I just don't fly because we can't afford it. But everyone has their phobias - my thing is doctor's offices. It's not been diagnosed as an actual phobia, but they about give me panic attacks, and my blood pressure skyrockets at them, so it might as well be. At least flying is an easier one to explain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky Rebekah!! But sorry about Doctor offices. I don't like hospitals so I sort of relate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I don't enjoy flying, I can do it. I'm boarding a plane next week, as a matter of fact, and I hate it when things like the Malaysian flight happen right before.

    My heart breaks for those families affected by this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe this will help with the anxiety http://www.fearofflyingbreakthrough.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even begin to imagine what the family members of that Malaysia flight are going through. And your phobia is certainly understandable. Recent flight incidents aren't exactly helping -_-

    ReplyDelete