Mar 6, 2014

TBT 90's Songs I Can't Live Without

We all have those songs that take us back...way back. My teen years were spent in the 90's and these are the songs that take me back to the gold old days:

Sohpie B. Hawkins - Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover

Wow, this song! My best friend and I wrote novels in high school and we even wrote some short stories about our crushes. This song is dedicated to that crush ( a certain snare drummer) and that story. I love this song!

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

My high school sweetheart wrote the lyrics to this song in a note for me. It was our song from then on. Makes me smile every time I hear it. We might not have ended up together in the end, but we sure are great friends now. 

Dave Mathews Band - Crash Into Me

This song has all those summer band camps written all over it! It takes me back to long hot marching band practices, goofing off, crushes and a whole lot of fun. I miss those people and those days!

Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight

This song was always blasting out of our car speakers after football games. I can still smell the popcorn from our stadium!

Alison Krauss - When You Say Nothing At All

Ode to my best friend! Not only did she sing this song with her folk band, but it was our song. We were two misfits that found one another and never let go. You know who you are girl and I love you so very much!

Spice Girls - WANNABE

Again, my best friend and I were obsessed with the Spice Girls! We even dressed up like them and drug our then boyfriends kicking and screaming to the movies to watch their movie. Those poor boys. 

Do you have certain songs that take you back? If so, what are they? I love these songs and so many more, but these are the ones that I can't live without!

Happy TBT
Bonnie Rae

2 comments:

  1. Iris and Crash Into Me would definitely make my list of memorable music, but as I'm an 80's child, I think most of my list would come from that decade. Walk Like An Egyptian—all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends and I danced to Spice Girls in a talent show. It was terribly embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete