Mar 3, 2014

TLC's 90 Fiance, Get Real...

It is a known fact that 99.9% of all reality shows are scripted in some shape or form. However, that doesn't stop me from watching them. Yes, they're my little guilty pleasure. My husband calls them brain rot and he is probably right.

So this show is on TLC and it is called "90 Fiance". Basically it follows four couples and their ninety day rush to the alter. This show made me laugh. All of the women are from foreign countries. What's up TLC? Can't find any women with mail order grooms? Anyway, all of these men have apparently met and fallen in love with these women. You can go through the couples here 90 Fiance Couples. I am not going to post photos and all that jazz because I don't want to get sued. This post is merely my opinion/review of the show.

Couple 1: Kirlyam and Alan

Kirlyam and Alan met while he was doing missionary work in Brazil. Alan is Mormon. Like, really respects his faith Mormon. I'm all for that. You go bro. Kirlyam is from a very small town in Brazil and she leaves her family to marry Alan and live in L.A. Culture shock for sure, poor girl. They've spent a total of maybe several weeks together and he proposes. I was kind of rooting for this couple until Kirlyam made the move and some of Alan's true colors started to show. He is protective and extremely jealous. TLC could have made him out that way but I don't think they had to try real hard. This girl is gorgeous. She was basically discovered by a hairstylist one day and goes on to do some test model shoots. Of course, this gets Alan's feathers all ruffled. He claims he doesn't want to see the model business "corrupt or take advantage" of Kirlyam's innocent nature. Um, no. Get real dude. He knows that if anything the business will open her eyes to how much better she can do when it comes to men. Insecure...just a bit.

Couple 2: Aya and Louis

These two met online. She is from the Philippines and he is a divorced dad with two sons. I'll be honest. I think these two really do love one another. They aren't my favorite couple but they seem genuine in their feelings. I really don't have much more to say about them.

Couple 3: Aziza and Mike

If there were two people on Earth that were not meant for one another, it's these two. First off, Mike is a gross slob who literally seems to have no respect for Aziza. This girl is from Russia and I just can't convince myself that things where she came from are so bad she'd settle for this loser in order to get American citizenship.There are other ways, girl. She applied for a work visa before she agreed to the 90 fiance visa so that right there tells you, she doesn't love this joke of a man. Also, she like never eats. Ever. The awkwardness on the screen between these two is hilarious. I almost want to feel sorry for her except she got herself into this mess all on her own.

Couple 4: Paola and Russ

Russ met Paola while on a work trip for his company in Columbia. She's gorgeous and very outspoken. Russ on the other hand seems like a serious Mommy's boy. Paola has extremely expensive taste and Russ never seems to be able to say no. Throughout the entire show he complains that she is breaking his wallet and bank account. RED FLAGS MAYBE? Russ is obviously blinded by her sexy body and won't realize that Hurricane Paola will move on once he's broke and she gets her citizenship.  I see him moving back into Mommy's house really soon.

In a nutshell none of these men deserve any of these women. Even Louis. He is the less loser-y of the bunch, but still. I shake my head so hard during this show I might give myself whiplash. Yet, I still watch it. Reality T.V. is like a train wreck I can't look away from. Except on this wreck no one is injured or in need of  immediate help so I can just sit back and laugh at all the stupid that takes place.

What will TLC think of next? How about an Amish Mafia because that sounds totally realistic. Oh wait, they already did that. =P

What reality shows do you watch (if you watch em)? If it isn't a reality show do you have any show that is your little guilty pleasure? I want to know.

Happy Monday
Bonnie Rae




2 comments:

  1. I was into reality shows back when Real World I was out. Yeah, been a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this show when I was on vacation, and I couldn't believe it. I really only caught snippets of the show, so I can't say I have a complete view of the show, but I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching.

    It also makes me kind of sad that this stuff is real. A friend of my brother met a girl online from a foreign country that ended up just being a money scam. And that's so sad that both sides are taken advantage of in the situation.

    As for reality shows, the only thing I watch anymore is America's Next Top Model. Because it's the only thing I can stand that knows how ridiculous it is.

    ReplyDelete